Thursday, September 08, 2005

If this is true...

...well, it makes the Bush Admin. look even more stupid. Let me emphasize this right off: I don't KNOW it's true. And it's more than likely there is an explanation somewhere about this. But, if what I read here is true (which I got from Crooks and Liars) I can think of no greater proof than the President of the United States completely botched something so basic and simple that you honestly have to wonder about his competence.

Here's the scoop: the Statement on Federal Emergency Assistance paper for Louisiana mentions every parish...except the ones on the coast. You know, the ones that we going to get hit? There is no mention of Orleans, Terrebonne, Plaquemines, St. Bernard or any coastland parishes that I can see.

Adding to the mystery, coastland counties in Mississippi were mentioned in their Statement on Federal Emergency Assistance paper, and also coastland counties in Alabama are mentioned in their Fed. Em. Ass. paper. I searched for "New Orleans" mentions between 8/20 and 9/5, and didn't see any - but the Fed. Emer. Ass. paper wasn't pulled up either, so I don't know.

Does anyone have any idea why the coastal parishes would have been left off this paper?

No comments: