Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Once Bitten, Twice Shy...

...once lied to in a bald-faced, slimy, egregious piece of Ann Coulter-esque crap, never trusted again. I posted about a stupid comment Paul Begala made, in this post. Well, from Eschaton today, I found this actual transcript:

BEGALA: ...we sit back and allow George W. Bush and our Republican friends to pull out 9/11 like a cheap handgun in a bar fight. Okay? "9/11." There's a drought in the Midwest. "9/11." The deficit's up. "9/11" You know? But, I think we need to fight them on that. I think, frankly they did a piss-poor job of defending us, and their strategy was always "we'll fight them over there so we don't fight them here." Well guess what, bin Laden didn't get the memo. He wants to fight us here as well as we saw in London last week. And so, the- their theory is, "we can't really do everything to protect our country because we have to cut taxes for the rich." And so, it... they want to kill us- particularly this city and New York and some other places. I was driving past the pentagon when that plane hit. I had friends on that plane, this is deadly serious to me- they want to kill me and my children if they can. But if they just kill me and not my children, they want my children to be comforted that while they didn't protect me because they cut my taxes, my children won't have to pay any money on the money they inherit. You know, that is bullshit national defense and we should say that.

Nary a "Republicans want to kill us" in there at all, contrary to this line from the article: Republicans, he said, "want to kill us". One of the reasons I lost all respect for Bill Clinton was his asinine attempt to snake his way out of a lie by demanding a defintion of "is". It's a reason I have lost respect (not that I had much) for Rove and pals, when they turn the English language into a game of Semantic Twister. I now pledge that I will never link to, nor reference, another post from CNSNews.com, since they lie. There can be no other reason for their twisting the words of Begala. Yes, he sounds more than a little out there, and yes, you can argue his words.

But apparently ConnivingNoxiousSwillNews.com can't, since they had to make what he said sound worse. I apologize to all for that link, and I offer vicarious apologies to Paul Begala as well.

And CrappyNauseatingSuckyNews.com? I hope whatever god of journalists there is makes your computers lock up, your pens leak, your tape recorders only play Musak and forces you to use your brains. Which ought to lead to some Scanner-esque moments.

My apologies for the wrong information.

No comments: