Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Like Our Founding Fathers intended!

That's one of the rallying cries of people who want religion to be more prominent in America. They always say we're a Christian nation, and we need to get back to what our founders meant us to be!

I agree:

But it is nevertheless true to say, from all that I have read, that the following seven critical early American leaders were Deists and denied the divinity of Jesus: George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Benjamin Franklin, Ethan Allen, and Thomas Paine.

This may just be me, but I would hazard a guess that anyone who denied the divinity of Jesus isn't meshing in the profile of a true-blue Christian. I think some fundamentalists need to hit the history books - and not just the ones in the Bible. And read some science texts out to the ID people as well, would you?



No comments: