Tuesday, August 30, 2005

New Orleans

When Katrina swung a little to the east of New Orleans, I thought - like everyone else - that it had avoided the worst case scenario. The "Atlantis scenario".

Come Tuesday, and we see that if it avoided the worst case, it got the next worst. The levees failed, and lake Pontchartrain began to empty out into the city. Katrina started a calamity. The levees started a cataclysm.

Hearing the news and seeing the pictures of the damaged city is watching a city die. I honestly don't know how they can come back from this. I know they will...but for the life of me, I don't see how.

http://www.redcross.org/. Please donate now. They'll need every cent they can get.

And by the way, Rush Limbaugh and Jonah Goldberg are bastards. (Correction: Jonah Goldberg at least had the class to post an apology. His excuse that he was making fun of it before all the destruction is lukewarm, since it did happen after it hit Florida, when some people did die. Still and all, I note his apology. Should Rush Limbaugh offer one, I'll post it as well.)

No comments: